Pulmozyme improves breathing and reduces the risk of lung infections in people who suffer from cystic fibrosis. Pulmozyme works by thinning pulmonary secretions and lowering the odds of respiratory tract infections.
Pulmozyme Discount - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Pulmozyme Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Pulmozyme Manufacturer Savings Programs
Sign up for the Pulmozyme Co-Pay Card to help you start saving.
View Pulmozyme Manufacturer Rebates
Pulmozyme is a synthetic protein that is used to treat people with cystic fibrosis. By decreasing the thickness of mucus in the airways, Pulmozyme makes breathing easier while also lowering the chances of a lung infection.
Below you will find the different types of conditions that can be treated by using Pulmozyme:
- Cystic Fibrosis
Pulmozyme dosage is completely dependent on the individual that takes it, as it can be used for a variety of conditions. Note that the amount of Pulmozyme you take also depends on the age of the individual. In addition to that the amount of Pulmozyme you take also depends on the strength of the inhaler and the amount of times you plan on using the inhaler a day. Note that Pulmozyme also depends on the type of condition you are treating.
Pulmozyme dosage to help treat cystic fibrosis
- For adults and children 5 and older, the dosage is 2.5mg that is to be used in a nebulizer. This dosage should take place once a day for 10-15 minutes. Consult with your doctor as he may want to adjust your dosage.
- For children 3 months to 5 years old, the dosage is 2.5mg that is to be used in a nebulizer. This dosage should take place once a day for 10-15 minutes. Consult with your doctor as he may want to adjust your dosage.
- For children under 3 month, usage and dosage should be determined by a doctor"s consultation.
Pulmozyme Side Effects
Pulmozyme, like any other drug, comes with its collection of side effects that vary with each individual who uses it. If you experience any severe side effects, consult with your doctor or medical professional immediately.
Less serious Pulmozyme Side Effects
- Altered voice
- Sore throat
- Eye redness, swelling or irritation
- Nasal stuffiness or discharge
Consult with your doctor if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Allergic reaction
- Increased difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
Like any drug, Pulmozyme may be affected by other drug and substances. In many cases Pulmozyme should not be combined with other medications unless approved by a physician. Consult your physician before taking any new medication even if it is merely an over the counter drug, vitamin, or herbal substance.
Drugs that may interact with Pulmozyme
- Insulin Inhalation, fast acting