Merrem is an antibiotic that is commonly used in fighting and combating bacterial infections. This medication is aptly defined as an injectable carbapenem antibiotic similar to Primaxin. It acts by preventing bacteria from forming cell walls. The bacteria cannot survive without the cell walls. Merrem is effective against many different types of bacteria such as E.coli, streptococci and many others.
Merrem Discount - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Merrem Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Meningitis is a serious infection that affects the spinal cord and the brain. In some instances, doctors may prescribe Merrem for the treatment of other conditions not listed here. Merrem is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections such as:
- bacterial meningitis
- soft tissue infections
- complex skin infections
- abdominal infections
- Other infections that are caused by bacteria
Merrem dosage is normally prescribed by a doctor and will depend on the age of the patient and the type of infection. This medication should not be given to patients who have allergic reactions to certain types of antibiotics such as penicillin and others. The following is the recommended dosage:
- Adults Complicated skin infections, 500 mg Iv q8hr and not to exceed 2 g IV q8hr
- Abdominal infections, 1 g IV q8hr and should not exceed 2 g IV q8hr
- Community Pneumonia, 500 mg IV q8hr for less than five days combined with fluoroquinolonePe
- Bacterial meningitis, less than 50kg, 40 mg/kg and not to exceed 2 g IV q8hr
- Bacterial meningitis, heavier than 50kg, 2 g IV q8hr
- Abdominal infections, less than 50kg, 20 mg/kg IV q8hr, not to exceed 1 g q8hr
- Abdominal infections, heavier than 50 kg, 1 g IV q8hr
Merrem Side Effects
Not all patients report the same kind of Merrem side effects. It is always advisable to consult a health practitioner regarding any Merrem side effects and allergic reactions. The following are side effects relating to the administration and use of Merrem:
- weak pulse
- bluish skin cold and clammy skin
- itching skin
- sweating not breathing
- pain and rashes at injection site
Some less common and rare Merrem side effects include:
- low urine amounts
- dark urine color
- blurred vision
- agitation severe abdominal pain
- bloody or black vomit
- swelling on face or/and limbs numbness
- prickly feeling
- burning feeling
Patients should consult a doctor immediately if these or other side effects and allergic reactions are experienced.
Merrem interaction with other drugs and products will interfere with its action and will not produce the desired kind of result. Patients need to let the doctor know of any products or medication they are using. Serious Merrem interactions are likely to occur with the following products:
Significant reactions are likely to occur with the following products and medicines:
Patients can discuss these interactions with their doctor or pharmacist.